viernes, 7 de septiembre de 2018

VIDEOPAC MULTIROM CART version 1.1


As part of a learning process about the Phillips Videopac G7000 console, I have designed a MultiROM cart handled with microswitches.

Imagen

I have made the cart able to be placed in a standard case of a old original cartridge.

Perhaps you have to make a little modification in both sides.

Imagen

Maximum size of a videopac game is 12KB. Memory is organized in 4KB pages but the first KB is allways internal ROM, and then only 3KB is available to use.

To reduce the complexity of the cartridge I have divided it in block of 16KB. Due to it, there are room for 32 games in each cartridge.

SCHEMATICS





3 comentarios:

  1. Hi Wilco2009 :-).
    Thank you for this nice G7000 multicart project very simple to build.
    I have downloaded this utility to make Romsets but I get a "program not found" when I launch it. Do I need any other program to have it working? I have used a HEX editor to concatenate 2x any 8kb rom to fill the entire 16kb bank. I have no luck although and the console is always displaying garbage on screen. I am using an AM29F040 which I assume is the correct flashrom to use here. I am concatenating games in .bin format but maybe I have to use other extensions?
    Thanks again for this nice project :-)
    Rick

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What is the value of the capacitor and the resistors?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Willco2009. It is a very nice project. Do you have a BOM about this project?

    ResponderEliminar